O’Neills Irish International Sports Company Ltd is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. O’Neills strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do. We will:
- Comply with applicable legal and other requirements.
- Develop environmental objectives and targets.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or refurbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of, to take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes. Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and environmental management system, and to minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Also communicate this policy to employees and any other parties working on our behalf.
- Ensure that this policy is available to the public via our website.